Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
In it’s most basic form, SEO is about making your website appear in Google – the right way (no dodgy tactics here).
- Keyword Research – what words are your customers using to find you on Google?
- On-page optimisation – using those keywords on your website pages strategically (metatags, header tags – this is just going to be jargon if I continue on)
- Image Attributes – ensuring your site images contain Alt Attributes that are aligned to your keywords
- URL redirects
- 404 Errors
- Link building
- Content (ahuh, here is content marketing again) – blogs that focus on your selected keywords that can be scrolled by Google Bots
- Analysis – reviewing your current site content and competitors and what you should be changing/adding/deleting from your SEO strategy
Check out my small business SEO startup guide for more.
You don’t have to be a large time business to start advertising on Google and it’s partner networks. Basically, adwords allow your ad to show for the keywords you are ranking for above the organic search results in Google.
In Adwords you can start with as little as a $5 a day budget – that’s a takeaway cup of coffee! The data from this campaign will then allow you to inform your decisions in Google Adwords moving forward.
The Adwords space can be highly competitive for specific industries so it is important that you do thorough keyword research prior to bursting onto the Adwords scene.
You can create both search (text ads) and display (image ads) in Adwords for your business and there are so many channels you can get your brand onto!
Want to find out more about how Adwords can work for your small business? I can offer both training & management services.